Helping People With Diabetes
- Educate yourself about the disease and its management, so that you can better understand and support the person living with diabetes.
- Offer to help with tasks such as grocery shopping or meal planning, as these can be difficult for some people with diabetes.
- Encourage them to follow their treatment plan and attend regular medical appointments.
- Help them stay active, as physical activity can help manage blood sugar levels.
- Be a supportive and understanding friend or family member, and encourage the person to talk about their feelings and concerns related to living with diabetes.
- Help the person find diabetes support groups in their area or online, as connecting with others who have diabetes can be very helpful.
- Help them to access to diabetes resources like medication, insulin, and glucose monitoring supplies.